Sunday, November 10, 2013

Millersylvania State Park Has It All

On the trail in the forest of Millersylvania I was treated to a delightful butterfly dance amongst almost a dozen butterflies.  I was enthralled by the beauty of their flitting in and out and around each other in the silence of the forest.  Their dance continued for some time as they soared, and dropped and flew off in different directions, just to return again.  I was amazed by the speed of their flight.  Despite many tries, this amateur photographer was not fast enough for any picture of the whole entourage, but if you look very closely you can find two little butterflies in this picture.  At the end of the performance I wanted to applaud.  Bravo little butterflies!

The forest trail is captivating, you're surrounded by so many beautiful shades of green.  Living in the city, I find there is a startling little green in my sight daily.  This scene was so calm and restful all the way to the soul.

And not all ferns and bushes and deciduous trees.  Here you can see the trail moving into the old growth forest.

Colorful berries throughout the forest, this is just a sample.  Millersylvania trails are best described by the word - cheerful!

I was so delighted with the butterfly dance, I was happily surprised later on the trail to see the beavers and this is their beaver dam.  As I sat nearby and watched, I also listened to frog songs and crickets chiming in.

After hiking the forest trails, I treated myself to time by the beautiful lake.  This is the main attraction for many people who visit the park.

Mother and daughter enjoying a canoe on the lake.

A pair of kayaks on a lake adventure.

On my Centennial State Park quest to visit state parks, Millersylvania was number 6 in 6 months, and I'm so glad to have discovered it.  It's just south of Olympia and as you can see, it has so much to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment