Sunday, November 24, 2013

Like a Moth to the Flaming Geyser State Park

Here is the namesake, flaming geyser at the state park. It is from a methane gas seep. The everlasting flame is hypnotic, although it is a small flame.

You'll enjoy the leisurely rural drive to get to this park, which is located between Auburn and Black Diamond, Wa.

Don't let your surroundings make you careless, like it did me.  Trails like this that are a little more natural and overgrown increase the potential for a fall.  I was surprised how fast a second of inattention can trip you up.  Take your time, and take it all in safely.


Although I was drawn to see the Flaming Geyser State Park like a moth to the flame, once there I was stunned by the beauty of the trail along the beautiful green river.  The trail meanders right next to the river, then wanders uphill for a lovely overlook, and all along you're surrounded by a vivid, lush forest.




Breathtaking!


Peek-a-boo view of the sun drenched river.  On the summer day that I visited, viewing forest creatures and walking the trails was my passion.  I met other friendly hikers along the way.  I also saw families and groups enjoying picnics, and there was some rafting on the river.

On my quest to visit 12 State Parks in the 12 months of the Centennial year, Flaming Geyser was number 7 in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment