Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wa State Parks Centennial Year Celebration!

Last December I found out that 2013 is the Centennial of the Washington State Parks.  I vowed to visit one state park every month in 2013 to celebrate.

Yes, me a fair weather hiker with my Prada backpack decided to venture out in all weather and in all kinds of parks.  I'm so glad I did!  I have had a wonderful time discovering parks all over the state.  I've hiked, I've observed astronomy, I've kayaked, I'm about to bike, in the great outdoors of our state parks.

I want to share the beautiful parks I've visited and encourage you to also share your hiking stories and adventures, inspiring us all to savor our outdoors in county and state and national parks and other natural treasures.  We are so fortunate these parks have been saved for us, and we need to do our part to save parks for future generations.

You don't need a Centennial year to commit to enjoy the health and beauty of the great outdoors.

So far this year I've visited these Wa. State Parks:
January - Fort Townsend State Park
February - South Whidbey State Park
March - Wallace Falls State Park
April - Bay View and Padilla Bay State Park
May - Dash Point State Park
June - Millersylvania State Park and Flaming Geyser State Park
July - Pinnacles State Park
August - Deception Pass State Park and Goldendale State Park
September - Riverside State Park and Spokane Centennial Trail
October - ??
November - ??
December - ??

No comments:

Post a Comment